OTEN Conference

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Web 2.0 Tools

Facebook is a social networking site designed for people to connect and share. Facebook would be helpful in my classroom because I could create an account that is just for my class to look at. They could view class updates and have a chance to connect with other students in class. This would be great because the students can get help from one another, post questions, set up study groups and make friends outside of class. The other fantastic thing about using facebook in the classroom is that so many students already know how to use it! Most young people love social networking sites and spend numerous hours on them. I think it would be a great tool in the classroom. The other tool I found to be useful in my classroom is youtube. Youtube is a website where you can broadcast yourself to the world. You can create videos and publish them so everyone can see them. Since I am teaching PE I think this will be a useful demonstration tool for my students. I can post techniques and show examples of movements they are learning. I can walk them through step by step what to do and have a video to further help them understand. For PE I think this will be helpful because some movements are hard to describe in words and can more easily demonstrated through video. Both of these tools will be helpful in my subject area!

No comments:

Post a Comment